Gear Review: Arc’teryx’s base layers for the season.
This article may contain affiliate/compensated links. For full information, please see our disclaimer here.
Now that the weather is finally changing, for those of you that love being in the outdoors, same in the lowlands or in the mountains, nothing better than being prepared with some good top layers. I do love them, and I have purchased lots of different brands over the years. I like for example Orthovox, Icebreaker, and also Arc’teryx.
I will focus this post on what Arc’teryx has to offer for the season. I love all what I see of this brand for all kind of seasons, even their casual wear. It is not cheap, but it is highly technical, and I do prefer to have less things but better quality- as I realise that I always use the same! So, I invest in fewer pieces of better quality. I like their minimalist lines and their design is top notch.
- Vertices Hoody – this is designed for cold weather and has specific snow sport features, such as the balaclava style hood that can easily go over the head and under a helmet or used as a neck warmer.
- The lightweight Rho LT Zip Neck is a warm base layer that feels great against the skin, it allows you to have great freedom of movement, feels super light and allows the moisture to evaporate, regulating your temperature in cold weather. It also looks minimalistic and really smart!
- The Rho LT Bottom is made from Torrent™ fleece for softness and works well in cool to cold temperatures. They feel very lightweight. These bottom layers were designed specifically for women with a gusseted crotch to ensure performance fit that moves with the body.
- The counterpart of the female’s hoody, the Stryka Hoody is made from air permeable, moisture-wicking Torrent™ 170 polyester blend fabric that gives performance stretch. This piece has also a balaclava style hood as the female’s version.
- The Phase AR Zip Neck is the mid-base layer designed for colder temperatures. The tall collar adds warmth on the neck and the deep front zip helps to ventilate the body when is warmer. This lighter weight Phasic™SL panels allow thermal regulation
- The Phase SL Boxer Short is a favourite of online sales with great reviews. These shorts can be used daily, but it is great for active guys, as it’s silk-weight performance base layer wicks quickly moisture, elevates comfort and is done with a flatlock seam construction that minimises potential irritation.
More information on this shop Arc’teryx for premium outdoor gear and apparel.
You can search for your own accommodation in the snow for your next ski holiday through our Accommodation Search tab. If you want to take your family skiing and you don’t know where to start, read here.
And search for your ski transfers from all airports to the Mountains here. And for those that are like me, that are lazy to cook, you can get your food, even gourmet mountain food delivered to your home with Huski.
If renting equipment (skis or snowboards) in North America, look no further than Rentskis.com – I have been using them for years every year when I go to America and they are great!
The-Ski-Guru TRAVEL is a CONCIERGE service that can help you organise your bespoke ski trip to the Americas, Alps or Japan, including for those going from Britain to Europe, helping you book your Eurotunnel trip, and for all trips: lodging, lift tickets, rentals, ski school, and all you need for an excellent vacation. Go to https://www.the-ski-guru.com/travel and upload your information – this page will be updated soon with more travel ideas. Check our amazing Ski Safari in the Dolomites , stay at the San Lorenzo Lodge White Deer in the Val Pusteria of Sudtirol, in the Hotel Petrus in Riscone, for skiing Kronplatz, or check our offer to Obergurgl-Hochgurgl and Sölden to ski with your family. Maybe you want to come on my group to ski with other like-minded skiers in Courmayeur in January 2020, staying at the Gran Baita hotel?
You can start thinking about your trip, by reading the articles on the Planning your Ski Trip tab. Or how to pack for your family ski trip. If taking your furry friend abroad to the continent, read about the new Pet Travel Scheme update from DEFRA. Self-drive skiers also need to plan for Brexit. Check out our tips for driving to the mountains. If flying and renting a car in Europe, beware of the extra charges they will pass to you if you want winter tyres, snow chains or ski racks. If driving, check the winter tyres news for Europe and North America. You can see how our last family ski holiday was not as expected, even though one plans it to be a success, but how we could do the most of it. If you want to get better before getting to your next ski holiday, here is a quick guide to indoor skiing and dry slopes in the UK. You can also read our week in the mountains during our summer holidays in Courmayeur.
Featured Image: Arc’teryx- Gear Review- Base Layers Women and Men.
Follow The-Ski-Guru in Social Media